PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Info on Aerocadet Academy
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2014, 18:24
Check 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HH, I don't have a hidden agenda. A poster above asked me for names of flights schools that I am familiar with, and I did provide that. I am not in the flight training business. I manage and fly business jets. I mentioned Epic and Florida Flyers and FlightSafety Academy because I am familiar with these schools by reputation and I know the former chief CFI at Epic.

Thank you for the explanation of fees. Your original post is not clear, as there are no FAA fees, but that is what you said. This may mislead foreign students.

The "FAA fees" are for check-rides with independent designated pilot examiners (DPE), and for FAA issued medical certificates, obtained though a private physician. I am not trying to split hairs, but to say there are FAA fees to a private DPE causes confusion.

Your earlier post implied that the $46k was paid in advance, though you have explained that is not the case.

As far as agendas, you obviously have a vested interest in snagging students (commission?). That is fine, but I don't. I am only trying to help some future pilots who are asking for help from the U.S. side of the pond.

Cheers