PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 24th May 2014, 20:44
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Time for some "home photographs" and a request for help first. XV205 on ex Winter Express and I still struggle to remember if this is Fagernes, Trondheim or wherever. I do know that had Santa in a sled pulled by Reindeer crossed the pan that day, it would have been fitting. Anyone know where we were ?

The second photo is a bit of a "larf". Me, on the left, and a pal from MSF on the last day of a Month long Andros detachment, at Cape Canaveral. This was taken on the morning of 20 April 1993. It's my 40th birthday and we are about to embark on our trip back to Lyneham. My Birthday started at 0000 Zulu on the 20th April, as that's my birthday, that coincides with 1900 hours local, Florida. Having had a very good night celebrating we departed the next morning (still 20th April) for a night stop Gander 3.5 hours time difference, where I called a halt to my birthday at Midnight Local. My 40th birthday actually lasted 32.5 Hours, and was, to the best of my knowledge an exceedingly memorable occasion

All happy memories of many years with Albert. I hope you will forgive my indulgence. I hope these shots show what Albert has given to me over the years. I do apologise to any ex VC10 Captain for my headgear, I suspect I had lost my usual pink hat that day. Them, were definitely the days !!!!

Smudge