PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2014, 07:11
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only reason I would join/stay at EZY or others over BA would be for lifestyle, and while I'm young the only advantage EZY seems to have is regional bases.
Interestingly I bumped into an old colleague of mine who is LHS for Easy a few weeks back. He was just returning from a block of '4 sector earlies' and was saying how tired he felt. I was just off on a 5 day trip, one day sector out, 2 days in resort on the beach, 1 night sector back.

Direct monetary comparison is okay but there also needs to be a workload/style balance equated to it as well. LHR short haul ops do night stop and some of the destinations are fantastic, even for a short stop. Money is broadly comparable but it hasn't stopped the migration of Easy pilots into BA short haul with the idea of moving to Long Haul which, in my opinion, is a completely different lifestyle choice.

At the moment the exodus of senior co-pilots from the Airbus to Long Haul is large leading to the requirement for DEP on the bus. Personally I cannot foresee the necessity to recruit DEP onto LH for quite some time. Aspirational bids from SH to LH for the RHS need to be fulfilled before DEP onto LH can be approved unless the board decides that either money issues or training issues become more prevalent.

All IMHO of course.