PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2014, 14:13
Fursty Ferret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to do longhaul for the rest of your life, BA is for you. The majority of shorthaul are trips now (so I hear), so you might aswell be doing long haul.
Depends. I used to work for EZY (although on the Parc contract) and it was a no-brainer to move across. Very different if you have kids, I imagine, but I love finishing the day with a lazy beer and then retiring to a decent hotel in a European city. Not bothered about pay - in my third year here and earn upwards of £70k with a bit of overtime, plus guaranteed increments for the next thirty years. Anyone who says PP24 was sustainable is deluding themselves.

The Airbus fleet now has Tel Aviv, Baku, Amman, Beirut etc with a day off downroute and easy flying without the faff of jet lag.

The cabin crew are generally pretty good but there's still a weird gulf - pilots are referred to as "flight deck" or "tech crew", even by managers, and it's bloody annoying being handed the last two meal choices after the rest of the crew have cooked and eaten the others first.

Granted, there's a lot of BMI P2s, but equally a lot of them are getting on a bit. ;-)