PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2014, 15:02
Aggamemnon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct quote tag

Update just psoted from HQAC:

As the Engineers at RAF Syerston continue to work to provide me with appropriate assurance to allow me to remove the pause in Gliding I thought it would be timely to provide you with an update.

The team at RAF Syerston is working to provide me with a glider return to flight regime, in a timely manner. Gliding is a crucial element of the ACO and will be for many years to come. As you are aware Defence has identified funds to support ACO gliding up to 2025 as a minimum. The activity we are currently undertaking at RAF Syerston will compliment this Defence commitment and provide a firm base to enhance further our gliding operation.

As a consequence of this engineering activity, and to assist in you future planning, please assume it is unlikely that any cadet gliding will take place before 1 Jun 14. This situation is under daily review and if it should change I will be advising all addresses as a matter of urgency. I do however expect some gliding operations to be undertaken soon, most probably at RAF Syerston with the main thrust of this activity focussed on retaining and regaining currency for VGS Staffs.

In sum it is regrettable that our pause will remain for a longer period than expected. That said, I can assure you that return to cadet flight is my top priority. Once we have achieved this I am absolutely confident that our gliding regime will continue to blossom further under the management of 2FTS and supporting engineering authorities.

Last edited by Aggamemnon; 1st May 2014 at 15:05. Reason: Fix quote tag