PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2014, 10:01
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If we are to continue to explore the possibility of pilot suicide, it should be considered that Islam (I think Capt Zaharie is Muslim, we have already heard from the Imam at FO Fariq's mosque) takes the same dim view of suicide as does Christianity. A devout Muslim would consider it a crime against Allah, just as a devout Christian would consider it a crime against God. Of course both religions also take a pretty dim view of the slaughter of innocents.
And earlier posts here suggested that MH 370 couldn't be a hijacking since Malaysia is a Muslim country. Many airlines in Muslim countries have been hijacked in years past, just ask some of the Ozmates who have worked overseas.

I believe Egyptair 990 and the 9-11 attacks kinda blew away the theory that Muslims wouldn't commit suicide and take others, thousands in the 9-11 attacks, with them. Somehow the 'slaughter of innocents' clause didn't seem to apply in 1999 and 2001.

I can see your point though that the dim societal view of suicide might be an incentive to engineer a mysterious disappearance.