PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2014, 08:39
glenbrook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by auraflyer
Apart, of course, from empirical testing they did against actual aircraft on actual flights ... which confirmed the results of the "algorithm" [sic] ... which was actually an analysis of hard data received by the satellite operator from the plane and some very clever work by some exceptionally good and quite under-appreciated engineers.

And the fact it wasn't detected on radar to the east

Or to the north

Or to the west
Oh I think everyone appreciates their work. What is frustrating is that the details of their analysis has not been made public. I don't blame Inmarsat for this, it is down to the Malaysia transport authorities to produce a report with all the details which are known, but not released.

I fully understand the anger and frustrations of the family members. At this stage in the AF447 investigation the BEA issued an interim report with everything known, including full details of the ACARS messages, crew bios, cargo manifest, the works.

It is not enough to have the big man say "The plane is lost, some clever people in England have worked it out, trust us." Show us the work. Show us the ping details, show us the cargo manifest, show us the radar track, give us the ATC transcript, even!

Last edited by glenbrook; 27th Mar 2014 at 08:41. Reason: typos