PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2014, 14:09
ChicoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This captain was a true Aviator who loved his job and who loved his plane and who loved flying. And he was one who believed in sharing the dream with the simulation community and had FUN doing it. I also understand he was involved with one company who makes high fidelity flight sim products.

No, aviation today does not only consist of people who can't wait for retirement, some people actually love their job. Some of them fly warbirds, some of them have a private Cessna and others have a flight sim. If that makes them suspects, then I don't know who we should trust to fly our airliners. I think we sometimes forget that there are people who genuinely love flying and live their dream in every way they can. God bless them, there are enough others too.
I really don't think someone who has a Flight Sim at home for sinister purposes would be broadcasting the fact, along with all the hardware that he's bought to put it together (sounds like he built his own -rather impressive - Gaming PC for this purpose), and more importantly using his own name.

He's obviously a really keen gamer and SIM'er, so people that keep harping on about this point really aren't doing themselves any favours.

Background chatter that can be turned down I think.