PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern B787/777 Captain
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2013, 08:30
woodja51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CSA Bonds

Not sure where this bond thing is coming from guys? The master contract requires THE AGENCY to pay CSA if you resign inside two years post the type rating... This is then reflected in the contract that you sign with the agency....

NOW if your agency is making you put up a bank guarantee or cash up front , flick them OFF !!! If you resign inside of the period, YOU ARE LIABLE for the amount remaining TO THE AGENCY.

My point is , some agencies are prepared to take the risk ( and chase you for it if you leave ) , others, such as PARC dont want the risk and are asking you to stump up I think...

Does that clear up the concept?

I am 330 MEL based and it is a great gig... Not perfect, but for guys looking to get a widebody endorsement etc it is pretty good. The rosters for the 777 guys will be pretty good I reckon ... And for the few pilots living iN GZ , they seem to be enjoying it ... The two italian guys here on the 330 are opening a restaraunt with the coach of the GZ soccer team ... So plenty to think about...

Come prepared if you are off a narrow body as the pass rate is low ... CSA do not like 'oleary one ' high energy arrivals with gear at 1200 ' etc!!! Back it all up to above 1500' (final stabilisation) , and practice some hand flying and you will do ok...if the medical doesnt knock you out which is random and genetics!

Go to ... Longreachchina.com for a list of FAQs ( no bond!)