PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 13th Mar 2003, 05:56
Dumpvalve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Capeaviaton, I just want to comment on one of your statements. "many pilots and their wives are fed up, and in many cases wives have left husband and children." define "many" in any walk of life there will always be separations and divorces, in 3 of the cases I know where their have been separations, the wives have chosen to stay in Dubai, and they will tell you that there were cracks in their marriage long before they got here. Emigrating is not for everyone, and some woman cannot bear to be away from their families, Dubai cannot be blamed for that, surely before emigrating, you discuss those points at lenght. Dubai might not be your lifestyle, but there are lots of us here that love the lifestyle, I for one have learned so much since I arrived here, maybe because I came with an open mind - I have taken up golf, learnt to sail, tried sandboarding, gone camping in the desert, we pop down to the beach for a bbq on a regular basis and watch the sun set, gone to see some good live shows and comedians from the U.K. we have just had the Dubai golf classic, the tennis tournament, the horse racing is coming up shortly, went to the dog show last week, going to extreme sports this week-end. Dubai, like anywhere is what you make of it.