PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: CASA Regulatory Reform
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2013, 12:52
RatsoreA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One or two senators...

Well, I'd vote for them.

But I only see that doing a fraction of what needs be done...? Any senators that support aviation need a very public cause to hang their hat on.

As Creampuff quoted in the original post, a senator (Mark Bishop), asked a direct question with very little room for interpretation or ambiguity, and got a load of political double speak about scheduling a meeting to get a plan to tell them about their plan, and that won't happen for a few months?!

When truckies don't like how things are being thrust upon them, bam, road blockade of Parliament House, go slow, news coverage, 60 minutes cover story etc etc.

Nurses down tools (bedpans?) for a stop work meeting and it gets the first 5 minutes of nightly news on all channels, and they get change effected.

Now, I'm well aware that pilots haven't had the best of luck with large scale industrial action (pilots strike, qantas grounding) but something more needs to happen to make an essentially unaccountable, unelected public servant, change this dogs breakfast of regulation into something simple pilots can understand!

I can see the AFAP pilot jobs website of the future if this continues -

Pilot wanted.
MECIR
1000 multi
Masters degree in law with a 55% case win ratio
QC preferred
I dunno... Maybe I'm just dreaming...