PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia p2F for low timer is back!!!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2013, 23:19
flyboy_nz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple, show me one job for cpl and more importantly without paying a single cent here? And when I said that I have actually lost count on how many airlines around the globe i send my cv to.
Everest didn't go to New Zealand and offered Sir E. Hillary to climb her. Sir E. Hillary went to Nepal to climb her.

Look at the case of tiger and jetstar,both big names in Australia and not only they want you to pay for your type rating but your whole flight training as well which can cost about 200k grand. And let's not forget that during this period you are not paid a single cent.
It's actually more like 120k and it received quite a bit of flak in the Australian aviation community. The reason the cost was so high was because of the flying school that was being used which charges almost $500/hr for a C-172.

Also, there are still direct entry FO positions in these airlines which don't require you to pay anything, but you need 500 multi command to apply.

Even 5 star airline like qatar airways is asking cadets to pay
But the question is will you? Under what T&Cs? And no Qatar is not a 5-star airline. Might have bought a few awards for themselves just like they bought the world cup.

It's for an airline to save cost and yet again, no one dare to comment on past sponsored pilots who got the free rating and ran away causing the airline to lose tons of money.
Some people have no sense of loyalty or integrity. It is unfortunate and this is what this generation has come to. It's all about taking it all and never giving anything back.

So conclusion is,talk is cheap, show me the job people
Talk is cheap, that's why the job is already filled. Because the one who isn't on pprune asking to be shown the job has already got it.

But look at the current situation especially with 12000 jobless pilot in india and not even counting those from other countries and experience jobless pilots, even with money today you cant even join any p2f
India has got bigger problems that those 12000 unemployed people. There's about 1.2 million that would appreciative more to even see an aeroplane. And out of those 12000, only 120 would put their hand up to go to Africa to earn a living as a pilot. Out of which only 12 will go. Why? Because pay some more money and there's p2f available across the ditch. The big shiny jet syndrome is alive and well there.