PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia p2F for low timer is back!!!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2013, 12:11
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope I do not offend anyone and or the Mods of PPrune of my analogy. If so, please accept my humble apology.

Someone please enlighten me. Explain the different between "Pay to Fly" chap who goes through a shyster contracting agency versus a "John" looking for instant gratification, that needs to deal with a pimp.

Think about it...

The John is the chap who does not want to go through the romance thing, or just can't meet a nice lass... versus P2Fer who wants the right seat now without paying their dues.

Pimps are willing to take a "John's" money for services to be rendered... versus the shyster contracting agency is also willing to take money from the P2Fer so they can get into the right seat of a jet.

Hookers, recommended by pimps provide that special service of wonderment and awe... versus many a carrier in Indonesia, is also provide a service. But before the services are rendered, both the hooker, and airline get their money in advance. No refunds in either case.

OK now we go back to the pimp and shyster contracting organization. They get their cut too, a finder's fee lets say.

No back the "John" and the P2Fer. The "John" got his rocks off. Did not have to pitch or woo the lass. He got what he paid for... instant gratification. What's the "John" left with? an empty pocket and possibly a STD.

The P2F chap after putting 500 hours in the log book? You know the one who bypassed the system where major part of the assessment is "You got the money?" Well he is $50,000 lighter in the pocket along with the "Stigma" of being a P2Fer. That stigma will follow them for the rest of their careers. I can guaranty, Fly Dubai, Emirates, Jet Airways, Qatar, Etihad, to say the least. Will round file any applications that have the smell of P2F on them. Think long an hard boys and girls. That my future and current P2Fer, you can take that to the bank.

In a previous post Koji188 stated my bitterness towards P2F schemes as well as asked for alternatives to build up legitimate flight time.

Again, Koji188... you can take the path of reward such as instructing, night freight, missionary flying, taking a job at bottom feeder that does not require payment from the pilot as condition of employment. Again, there are the cade programs too. You need to show the carrier, before they are willing to invest a bankroll on you, that you are worthy of joining their carrier. Perhaps you like many P2Fer would rather take the route of instant gratification rather than rewarding route to the jet.