PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 100 and 200 SIDS
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2013, 08:06
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-BUZN

At the moment the UK maintenance industry is doing its level best to ignore the SID's checks, the problem being that as one Chief Engineer said to me "if I do this check I will loose a five aircraft contract to xxxxx who won't do he SID's unless forced to do so by the CAA".

As far as most operators in the UK are concerned they will spend as little money on they aircraft as they can and won't do anything that is not mandatory.

As far as I am concerned the SID's are mandatory in the UK and must be done, having just done one of my aircraft and half way into the second I warn you that some of the parts prices from Cessna are eye watering, however the corrosion issues are not as bad as predicted, there is about 90 hours labour in the inspection alone with rectification extra to that.

It is high time the UK CAA got its head out of the sand and started making sure that these checks are done, so far they are proving to be a toothless tiger who are putting those operators who set high standards at a big financial disadvantage to those who are skimping on maintenance by not insisting these checks are done.

Last edited by A and C; 16th Jun 2013 at 08:10.