PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The South China Sea's Gathering Storm
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2013, 17:33
hval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ronald Reagan,

Thanks for your response.

You write about the atrocities that the Japanese carried out pre WW II and during WW II and are totally correct that they should not be forgotten - but purely for the lessons that can be learnt. Surely we need to forgive some time? After all, I am certain that the massive majority of Japanese have absolutely no interest in carrying on in that fashion. Are there any Japanese still alive that were involved in atrocities? Why blame a nation for what their forbears did?

I would also ask you what about the atrocities carried out by the Germans pre WW II and during WW II? What about the atrocities carried out by Russians during and after WW II? What about the PIRA? What about Somalia? I could go on. If we never forgave and forgot there would be continuous warfare on a global scale. In fact I guess that mankind would be wiped out.

As for what the Japanese put the British and Allies through, just think what the British put the rest of the world through via their empire. Not all of it was good.

As has been written, China also committed many atrocities, and like the West, CCCP, Russia and others has played at war by proxy for many, many years.

You write "I would imagine the Chinese are correct about some of them, not all of them". Why do China have to be right about any of them? As for you comment about China having sufficient muscle soon to do what they wish, I am like you that I truly do not wish for that to occur. I really, really do not.