PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA/CAA/CASA/ICAO conversion to FAA
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2013, 13:44
EC155B1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conversion of icao atp helicopter to faa atp

Folks

MY EXPERIENCE:
ICAO ATPL(H) WITH CURRENT IR ON EC 155 B1/AS 365N/N2/N3.ALOUETTE-III AND LAMA(AS 315 B) AS SINGLE ENGINE ANDALL FOUR HELI AS PIC ENDORSEMENT.

PIC-2000 HRS NIGHT FLYING:250 HRS,IF ACTUAL AND SIM:450 HRS AND TOTAL: 4750 HRS

NO ROBINSON-22/44 FLYING EXPERIENCE

What I understood from the thread all over is that to get FAA ATP Commercial helicopter from a foreign License(In my case its Icao ATPL(H))is that I need to go through the following"

1)First get your school fixed up in USA for your familiarization and followed by check ride.

2)Fill up the airman certificate and get your foreign license and medical verified and have the letter issued from the local FSDO.

3)Then appear for your exam FAA ATP at the selected school.

4) On arrival get a FAA PPL issued based on your ICAO ATP.

5)Get minimum of 10 hrs to meet the requirement of SFAR 73-1.

6)Appear for the FAA ATP Check ride which may take 2 hrs to finish.

7)Get the paper submitted and receive the temp FAA certificate.

8)Head back home and wait for the Original FAA ATP to arrive at your address.

Well I have few questions:since this is first case in this forum(probably)appearing on FAA ATP helicopter ,need few clarification or better understanding of the rule if any one has in this forum.

1)Do I need to have a FAA Medical before appearing for the check ride?

2)Does this 10 hrs of familiarization flight on R 22/44 essential or sacrosanct?I intend to have my check ride on R-22/44 to reduce cost(No prior exp on R-22/44)

3)Do I need to have a FAA PPL issued on the day of arrival based in my current ICAO ATP?

4)What short of VISA do i require to apply for?M1 or a tourist?

5)Incase the FAA medical is not require(Since Icao Medical is currentand verified)) then can I enjoy the privileges of FAA ATP commercial?

6) Any better suggestion or input from you friends to achieve a better deal in terms of Money,time, hassles and running around?

7)Any school in USA already doing this stuff in a professional and transparent manner ?

8)Is this converted FAA ATP has any difference from a FAA ATP in terms of privileges?

Thanx