PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic
Thread: Air Baltic
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2013, 22:11
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I know few pilots who used to work there, they are in serious financial trouble.
It seems these TR to fly programs, is a way for them to get cheap labour, and somebody to pay for their simulators / training department.
They have an extremely uneconomical mixed fleet, which in theory is very expensive to maintain, crew training, maintainance of aircraft etc.

Of course you might be lucky, you might be able to get a "job", where they pay you close to peanuts, and get your 500 hours, but you will NOT stay there any longer than this, because they need new recruits, to help them pay their bills!

The pilots I know are from the area, and used to work for them in the past, and most of them does not see the company lasting very long, in addition your TR will be one a fairly useless 737 Classic.

There are to many ifs and buts, of course if you don't mind spending money on a TR than fine, however don't think you have more chance to get a job after if you have 40 hours in a simulator and a TR on your licence!

I would think long and hard before spending the money on this!

I know, because a friend asked me if I could get some info because I knew a few pilots that used to work there. Of course they could last 6 months, 12 months, 24 months or 1 month, nobody can really know.

But they do not have a very competitive operations model, thats clear for most to see, and for me the TRTO program seems like a last minute desperate attempt to get some cash and cheap labour!