PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA/CAA/CASA/ICAO conversion to FAA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2013, 00:27
MarkerInbound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Close but I see two problems. The FAA will issue you a private certificate with the A320 type but it will be limited to "VFR ONLY." in order to add instrument privileges to your 61.75 private cert, you'll have to take an instrument written test. Not a big deal but you'll have to spend a weekend reading up on FAA rules and procedures v. JAA. In order to have the restriction lifted for the A320 type, you'll have to show the training for the JAA type was giving by the holder of a FAA CFI. iPad won't let me cut and paste from the FAA web site but it is towards the top of this page.

FSIMS Document Viewer

With 5000 hours I'm guessing your training was 7-10 years ago so it may be hard to locate the records.

The second issue is your understanding of Part 91 operations. While the ferry company can get a waiver to move the airplane under the rules of Part 91, if money is exchanged, either to you for your service in moving the plane or to the ferry company for moving the plane, the crew will need at least a commercial certificate. The standard FAA example is if I own a King Hour that costs $1000 an hour to operate and decide to fly to a beach an hour away for the weekend, I can take three friends and ask each of the friends to pay $250 dollars, their share of the expenses. I could do this just holding a private certificate. However, if I want to sit in back with my friends and hire you to fly my plane, you will have to hold at least a commercial certificate.

You're saying you want a stand alone ATP but you'll use the private type rating on the 61.75 cert to fly the plane. I don't think you can mix and match the two certificates. And if you take the ATP ride in a CE-172 your ATP will only be SEL.