PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you reclaim the VAT and/or tax on training costs?
Old 17th Feb 2003, 11:56
ClearBlueWater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotormad, as you can see from the above posts different people have different experiences with what should be a straight forward process.

I know some people who simply filled in a VAT form, became immediately registered and were given back the VAT charged on their costs in becoming a self employed instructor. Others (me!) had to complete business plans. On completion of a business plan I was asked to supply further evidence of intention to trade (?) including letters from potential future employers i.e. FTOs, guaranteeing that they would take me on as an instructor once qualified. Pray tell how one is supposed to arrange this?

After three years of occasional correspondence and several phone calls between me and HMC&E I was suddenly informed that I would be registered and that I could claim back to the date of my initial application three years previously.

It is legal, it's perfectly usual and all the comments in the previous posts are true too.