PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2013, 01:05
Fair_Weather_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As has been said before; best bet is just to apply anyway, jump through the hoops and see what they offer. To be honest, it was a rubbish application that could be filled in by anyone with a casual interest in 10 minutes flat. If the package is hopeless, just refuse it. Companies hate it when a job offer is made and the candidate tells them, "no." Sure, they can move on and recruit a warm body from the "will fly for food brigade" but experience has taught me this can turn up all sorts of oddball types that will cause mayhem.

EasyJet, has established itself as a dodgy recruiter in recent years with the whole Flexicrew nonsense and I would not trust them one little bit. They are likely to bait you with one deal and then switch to another over the two year probation period. Also, with a self sponsored type rating, EasyJet, can be certain that most of their new recruits are looking for out from day one. For now though, play along and see what happens.

I have a feeling that they are likely to be smug when they see thousands of applications and that will mean the deal will be awful. I also suspect that most of the applicants are not going to be starry eyed kids, ready to write out a big cheque for a dock labour style job on rubbish pay. This has got fiasco written all over it.

Last edited by Fair_Weather_Flyer; 29th Mar 2013 at 01:39.