PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates A380 Cabin Services Assistant.... Flying Toilet Cleaner?
Old 10th Mar 2013, 21:39
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lovely generalisation about the crew there...

Yes, there are some crew who look down on csa. However I have not seen many. Mean pursers are mean to most people. Never seen csa be told off for sitting in galley- ever. Yes they work hard on busy flights but equally on quiet flights may not have much to do.

Personally, I have seen many examples of crew treating csa very nicely, sometimes even better than their colleagues. E.g. saving them j class meals so they can chooser before economy crew. Giving them their hotel room if visiting family in home town so they don't have to share. I always clean my toilets if I can, get new towels papers etc from storage if I see they are running low. Have maybe 5 times been told by csa that pax wants a drink. Will always get it. If she says she wants to take the item if I am already busy then that is up to her. If they are not telling us that a customer wants something and just take it then crew cannot help that.

Mumangel obviously the job is not for you but please don't make out all the crew to be horrible because we both know that is not the case. It is a small number ruining it for everyone else. Bad reviews cone to all crew and we can all get pursers who act like they are 'out to get us'... part of life, happens in all jobs unfortunately.

Like I said is not for everyone, but try to be balanced when describing the downsides, you make us all sound like monsters and we are not.