PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates A380 Cabin Services Assistant.... Flying Toilet Cleaner?
Old 10th Mar 2013, 06:04
mumangel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger JOB DESCRIPTION IN DETAILS

Hi everyone,
I have worked as a CSA for 1.5 years. This is the real deal.
If you have a job, stick to your job because CSA job will not take you anywhere. Don't tie yourself with the 3 years contract of misery. No promotion to crew...never. The sad thing about this job is that the company does not care at all about you if you are "just a CSA" as they call it.

Your basic salary is 1200, flight allowance is 20.5aed per hour. In a month you get between 2800aed to 3500aed remember you need food. You share a very small room and believe me you will go crazy because of the time difference with your roomie. In details>> when u r trying to sleep, she is getting ready for a flight and your beds r super tiny and almost together cause the room is small. No space for anything.
They mix nationalities. Kenyans hate Air Condition and philippinas love air condition. They don't consider this at all so most CSA's end up sick. But they don't change rooms if you ask cause you are "just a CSA" and they can replace you any time so if uncomfortable, resign.

While flying, the crew treat you like you did something wrong to them yet all you do is take care of everything else that they ignore. most CSA's have a soft heart so we end up taking care of little things that passengers ask for eg you walk past economy n a passenger asks for water or blanket, you inform the crew and she totally ignores you or says leave him/her, your heart breaks and you just get the passenger what they need without the crew knowing.

Pursers are so mean to the CSA's but the you can't say anything about it cause they will give you a bad flight review if you fly with them again. So you smile outside but cry inside. A purse tells the crew to inform them if you seat in the galley to eat. While they seat, eat and chat the whole flight.
I don't get the importance of flight review cause you will never be promoted anyway. its 4 years now almost 5years and it's only 2 girls who have been promoted to crew. So if you want to waste your time, take this job.
Pursers are mean in the sense that they only write something on your review when its negative. If you do a positive thing like unblocking all the blocked sinks, and do something slightly wrong like leaning somewhere for a second just to catch your breath, you will find the negative not the positive on your flight review.

Lay over, if its a long flight, you share a room with another CSA. That means no sleep for you cause most of them cook in the hotel. The room is so small, you can't sleep cause the other CSA is cooking and you can't blame her cause she is trying to save the peanut she gets. And don't forget the Air Condition story again in the hotel room
The job is okay but they way they treat you is not okay at all.
It's not worth leaving what you are doing now. Unless you don't have a life any more. Please ask me any questions I will answer according to my experience. I'm still talking to the unhappy girls there and if I can't answer, I will ask them.

Oh are you wondering why they don't leave if they are so unhappy? Everyone I knew there as a CSA tries to apply to other companies immediately after six months. So sooner they get another job, the sooner they leave. Which is difficult cause of the 3 years contact that you will tie yourself in.