PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RTOW Min and Max Acc Heights
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2013, 22:43
PT6A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I honestly think your airline needs to revisit it's SOP.

As you are not using the LPC-NG a good practice would be for them to conduct a study of the route network and then select an AA that would be suitable for all airports on the network.

This would help to allow a standard EO strategy that is easier for crews to remember when things go south.

Of course, depending on your route network there may be a handful of airports that require their own EOSID and a different AA due to obstacles / terrain.

Can you tell me if your airline is teaching you to stop ECAM actions at 400' accelerate and then resume ECAM? Or are they teaching you to accelerate once above AA and engine is secured?

Here is an example from my company: -

STD is used for all procedures when a straight climb to 1500ft above the runway end threshold can be obtained before turning towards the engine failure point. If the clean-up has been performed before 1500ft AAL then climb straight ahead to 1500ft AAL before initiating a turn as described in the EOSID. (the minimum ENG OUT ACCEL altitude is usually 1000ft AAL).
The procedure is designed such that acceleration is allowed to be completed before
commencing the turn.
e.g. STD. At 1600’ turn left to XXX HP.
Note: Once MSA is reached or in VMC, or when under radar control it is not necessary to continue to the hold as long as obstacle clearance can be assured.

NON-STD is used for all procedures that cannot be categorized as STD !.
Usually they have an initial turn before 1500’ above the runway end threshold.
e.g. NON-STD. At D4 XXX turn right to intercept R360 XXX. At 2000’ turn right to XXX HP.
Due to obstacle clearance requirements, it is imperative that any NON-STD EOSID is followed exactly – even if the engine is not secure at the specified turn point, the turn must still be commenced at the specified point.
An additional note ‘maintain V2 TKOF flaps until..../ during first turn’ may also be used. This requires the acceleration is not commenced until a defined point.

Last edited by PT6A; 26th Feb 2013 at 22:48.