PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How can BEng Graduates become B1 Licensed Maintenance Engineers?
Old 26th Feb 2013, 12:07
TURIN

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts
How is it just a "paid for" B licence? If airlines offer a 3 years B licence then obviously they appreciate it. Emirates themselves have said that after three years their students who complete the course get jobs with airlines including themselves, BA, Qantas, various air forces and more.
And

3 years is the figure I have got as I have looked at paid courses and apprenticeships and seen that usually 3 year ones get you a B licence with Virgin Atlantic and Emirates and with two universities with an aircraft maintenance degree for example.
ALL the LAEs I know worked UNDER LAEs for many, many years while learning the trade before even attempting the Licence.

People these days seem to think they can get a B1/B2 one way or another, and THEN get the experience required to use it.
It's all arse about face.

A three year B1 apprenticeship may well get you a licence at the end but at what cost? In three years, how much hands on experience do you think you are going to get if you are doing a full B1 classroom course?

You have done a few weeks work experience. You have barely scratched the surface.

If you want to become an LAE then you need to learn the job FIRST.

Good luck.