PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How can BEng Graduates become B1 Licensed Maintenance Engineers?
Old 25th Feb 2013, 09:09
philw492

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turin: I'm not saying I definitely can become an LAE in 3 years all I have said is that if Virgin Atlantic do an apprenticeship of 3 years and achieve a B licence from it and Monarch do an apprenticeship of 4 years and you MIGHT achieve an A licence which would you pick?

I fully understand there is a lot to learn, I am in no way suggesting that my degree puts me ahead at all as I know for fact from what I have learnt on my degree so far is useless for an LAE job. I'm not here trying to make it sound like I can easily get into a job because I can't all I want to do is rectify the mistake of going to uni instead of an apprenticeship.

3 years is the figure I have got as I have looked at paid courses and apprenticeships and seen that usually 3 year ones get you a B licence with Virgin Atlantic and Emirates and with two universities with an aircraft maintenance degree for example.

I came on here to look for help, advice and guidance. I will not be told to look for a new career path because you think you can't get a licence in three years. Becoming an LAE that's different as after the licence I know you need type-ratings and you're always learning on the job.

So basically to summarise no I will not look for a new career and yes you can get a licence in three years and I never said that would cover everything to becoming an LAE.

Last edited by philw492; 25th Feb 2013 at 09:49.