PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2013, 14:24
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MyIDisthis,

Annual Leave system , at least for Contractors, is a bit of a mess. In theory you should take a Block of 5 days VAC once every leave period (there are 4 of them in the year)

I didn't choose any in Period 1 or 2 yet, and believe many colleagues are the same. Did get paid last year for VAC not taken.

Some full-time employees I have discussed with have said it is tough for them too. Some Scandi countries have laws that mandate those with school age kids must have VAC during school hols, so the rest of us struggle a bit.
Don't know about unpaid leave, I imagine in Winter probably OK, but unlikely in Summer.
AFAIK full-time guys have the choice to do 100% roster Summer /50% Winter. I know one or two Contract guys have managed to get 80% roster, so seems you have a chance to have some flexibility even as Contractor.

At the moment AGP is a mix of SBY's/out&backs & 3-5 nts away in TRF or ALC.

ALC opens as a base on April 1, no-one really knows after this what will happen in AGP (core production as last Summer, or an increase in out & back flts from AGP)
NAS are starting many new Scandi routes from ALC, so likely to be mainly out&back, but of course, doesn't open till Apr, so no roster yet.

Variable roster with 12 days off worked out OK (some longer work blocks of 6/7 days, but longer blocks off.) so (of course ) it now looks like it may be replaced (AGAIN ! ) with a fixed 5/4 roster in AGP/ALC, with 1 "flexi-day" /mth for the company to use.

737 Jockey, most bods have managed to complete 30 or so of the 35 Q's & then either rushed at the end to guess the few they didn't get, or (like me) just left a few unanswered.
I haven't been notified yet of "failure", so I guess that was good enough

You would have to be a sharp cookie to get all 35 correctly answered in 40 min. . . probably far too sharp to be a "Contract Pilot"