PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 12th Feb 2013, 18:55
RK303

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, CX contracts tend to fluctuate in richness as time marches on, but is in NO WAY worse pay than it is is to be a QR SO
To be more accurate, we need to go deeper with the cost of life in Honk-Kong wich I think is one of the highest in the world, even worst regarding accomodations. PLUS, a specific training loan is subscribe by the SO’s in HKG when they start.Any failure, you’re dead.
I’m not not sure about that but I’ve also heard foreign SO are not allow to buy appartments in HKG before 9 years or something after their DOJ. Taking into account SO’s are clearly stuck and force to live in HKG due to the nature of their contract and licences at the end of their training. Basically better to start there before you reach 25years old.

Now as a CX SO you DONT serve coffee
This is the case on the Cargo fleet but Ok I exaggerated things here lol. But more seriously, in CX SO’s are mostly used on long haul for crewing economy, CX use them smartly during many years to cruise the aircraft while the crew go to sleep as they are cheaper. A big difference when QR want them to be upgrade quickly to FO.

Don't put words in my mouth and then call me out on it; I never humiliated anyone or called anyone 'scam' or 'dirty'...etc! I will however, put you back in your place if you try to misdirect what I say.... like this instance.
The Second officer thread have been strangly deleted. I have in memory few words of your last post there but anyway I can’t recall it so my mistake if there were any misinterpretation.

Good luck to the SO’s in Doha or those still waiting their DOJ if it happen. I don’t see any benefit for QR to send you updates then not hire you…but if that “No SO in 2013” info is correct they should at least send you a game over e-mail with apologies...