PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How can BEng Graduates become B1 Licensed Maintenance Engineers?
Old 12th Feb 2013, 13:08
philw492

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry for the slow reply, been a bit hectic at uni in the last few days.

The90sAME: That's what I've found with Flybe, applicants from 16 to 18 get the whole training course for free due to government funding. As for the Monarch apprenticeship, it is only to Cat A1 they don't do the B1 training it is all down to the individual to get the B1 licence. Which means I might as well plough ahead with the B1 exams during the summer holidays.

banditb6: I'm in Birmingham so I could look at Coventry Airport as they have a few flying clubs there as well as a few airfields around Stratford-Upon-Avon. I've already been told by Virgin Atlantic that they won't even look at me for their apprenticeship as a graduate, as I am 'overqualified'. I can't stand hearing that phrase anymore, it's really starting to annoy me that I am really seriously determined to follow this career path yet people are telling me I can't do an apprenticeship just because I've spent three years learning the theory behind aerospace engineering!