PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 8th Feb 2013, 16:11
Paper Lad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little bit of info for you : new airport is scheduled to open in stages, beginning in April this year. It's anybody's guess whether it happens or not!

I hear that QR were in Bahrain last week, interviewing a bunch of Gulf Air pilots recently laid off. If its true they will be Airbus type rated and I guess will go straight to the top of the waiting list for a start date.

Rumours suggest that there are a lot of guys still sat around in Doha waiting for a start on the type training, anywhere between 40 and 100 depending who you believe.

Additionally, the 787 troubles has thrown a big, if temporary, spanner in the works.

Probably not the best news if you're sat around waiting for a DOJ but recruitment will continue, just not at the crazy rate recently seen.

I'm unable to give any sort of idea of timeline for NTSO/FO start dates and its impossible to offer advice on whether you should wait or move on.....that depends entirely on your personal circumstances.

PL

Last edited by Paper Lad; 8th Feb 2013 at 16:17.