PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 6th Feb 2013, 06:41
chakraist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to say...

Just to say thanks to all who have contributed useful advice to this thread- it's been a journey reading the whole thing but definitely worth it.

I am currently in the saving up/dreaming stage of flight as I realised being a racing motorcycles professionally wasn't going to cut it (yet actually seems a cheaper option than most professional pilot routes!)

One question after looking up (at present) 35 non-uk flight schools for a decent deal (I have a spreadsheet if anyone wants my research), I note some of you recommend only doing your training at one school, or two if you're training overseas (return to the UK for an ME/IR). Would you include the PPL in that as well? Reason being an FAA PPL is fine for me pre-EASA CPL and I will build hours in the US. So it would be cheapest for me to go to an FAA 141 school for PPL and hours, then go to EFT for CPL, then back to the UK for the ME/IR and MCC. Would this preclude me from getting a job?

I've never used so many bloody TLAs in my life! Aviation is a terrifying prospect but I would be happy flying small planes and have at present no desire to step into either seat of a passenger jet.

Thanks in advance and I hope I've done my research ok.