PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Apprentice - Jet 2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 19:55
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree. I think this is a good opportunity and a very sensible way for a young person with no other qualifications apart from a CPL/IR to get some working experience which would be of great benefit to a career as a pilot.

The notion that someone who completes zero to hero flight training is a 'pilot' who has merely not had the opportunity to demonstrate they can fly and deserves more than to be an apprentice is nonsense.

Far too many people hold CPL/IRs and think this entitles them to something. Rubbish. Most people of average intelligence can achieve that much. Have some humility. This Jet2 job is a far more 'honest' entry into the profession than wearing one stripe at OAA and then expecting a shiny jet job, turbo prop or Embraer job.

Geez. Pilots are such an arrogant bunch. So many of the people I meet on the flightdeck wouldn't be able to cope with the training for many lesser paid professions let alone hold down a real job.

Edited to apologise for aiming that rant at the previous poster. No offence intended.

Last edited by Mikehotel152; 3rd Feb 2013 at 19:57.