PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions about vmcg
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2013, 05:48
fanxiyi2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about vmcg

1,The critical engine for vmcg
The ac25-7 suggests "the critical engine for ground minimum control speed testing should be determined during the takeoff ground run using techniques similar to these described in paragraph 23b(1)." I understand how to determine the critical in the air, but how to do on the ground, is it nessassery for the twin-turbofan engine airplane?
2, How long should be ok between cuting the critical engine fuel and the pilot finishing the action of recovery.
Some books suggest the total minimum allowable intervention time should be the time for aircraft to achieve change of rate about any aixs of 3 deg/sec or the time to reach a change of "G" in any axis of 0.2 or time for an attention getter to function plus the pilot reponse time which is 0.5s. Some books suggest the time should not be less than 1s. Is there some suggestions from experience or statistics.
3, How to set the longitudinal trim and control.
Because nose wheel friction affects the Vmcg, the longitudinal trim should be trimmed nose up, am i right? When the Vmcg is tested, the pilot may push the stick to keep the airplane on the runway preventing the nose up. Too much pushing will increase the friction to decrease the Vmcg. How much pushing is suitable for the pilot, and should the Vmcg be caculated with the different friction.

I am so glad to be growing with the PPRUNE and you.