PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 100 and 200 SIDS
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2013, 21:52
tnuc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cessna 100 and 200 SIDS

Previously I have been involved in many 300 & 400 series initial Sids, as well as ongoing requirements. I am currently involved in the full SID inspection on a 6000ish hour 152. I didn't expect much initially, however nearly every inspection has revealed deficiencies. Most items found relate to corrosion some quite excessive, which is an issue given the small maximum allowance for material removal before replacement or repair is necessary, lots of cracking around the horizontal and vertical stab mountings, rusty and worn control cables, etc We have probably gone further than prescribed in the document in some cases, but this does not alter the fact that the defects exist. An example may be the rudder pedal torque tube inspection, the SID only calls for a visual insp in place, due to sone other work being carried out we putted them out. Instead of visual we did a Fluro pen inspection, only because we whet doing something else at the time. The pedal torque tubes where showed 4 cracks that could not be seen visually. The repairer inspected by MPI and found 4 more cracks.
We know this inspection will exceed the value of the aircraft.