PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2013, 15:40
Dennis Kenyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry N

Yes ... I can add a wee bit to the Adam Faith yarn since he was mighty friendly and family associated with the financial boss of the successor company to Spooner Aviation ... being Stanley Powell who set up Southern Air @ Shoreham.

Around 1982, I was duly dispatched to Mr Faith's home in East Sussex where I found him accompanied by a rather nice young lady who had recently left an even 'famouser' and permanent 'Top of the Pops' scene singer. Terry started his training with me on the ubiquitous Enstrom and was likely to have made a good and careful rotary man. However, Mr Powell advised me that the said Terry was in touch with the Bristow firm and he continued his PPL training at Redhill. And yes, he did manage rather well to put the B47 down close to the M3 after the engine quit ... but I was given to understand it was the mixture control that caused the problem on the transition circa 500 feet.

Anyway, God bless the lovely man who entertained we 'young uns' so well, when the buzz word was 'baby' this and 'baby' that for anything vocal! Such happy days! Dennis K