PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2013, 09:33
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cody: best ask the writer of the article that question! The article mentions the pilots "union" so by pure definition of the term I wrote what I did. Personal opinion there not disclosed!! My opinion as to the moral spine of many "pilot unions" is another issue which I've commented on in the past, and even started a thread on a while ago. Lack of action more often speaks louder than any action. But that's not for this discussion (???). I believe you are far better qualified than myself regarding things Singaporean. Personally though, "I plead the 5th" when it comes to my dealings and certain nationalities (whereby my own nationality would be far from spared!)

Well Mr etrang (or may I call you Ace? Mav? Iceman? SuperCoolDude?), your enquiry is well placed here. After all, I see you've taken the initiative to ask a rumour network about "facts" that you are "passionate" about so as to determine the next decade at least of your life. But before we proceed, may I ask you some questions first:
  • Are you able to grip your hands around your ankles while standing, and knees straight?
  • I cannot believe CX did not reply to you with an offer of employment. Did you tell them you were passionate? Whatever you do - and this is important! - do not (repeat DO NOT!) call them to gain 100% verifiable facts about your application. If the web site is down and a phone number is provided in lieu of that, don't even use that. Best you post on here instead.
  • Now, about that CX phone number: please, do not use google, a phone book, the information on their web site or any such silly l'il ole bit of factual information to get hold of it least of all use it. Once again, you are right to not review any of the other 249 pages of this thread, least of all the past 2 or 3 to pages that the same question has been asked.
  • May I suggest the Airbus 7-4-9000? I'm sure if you can design and configure it on xBox then we at CX will have it ready for you. Your passion and forward thinking places you in ideal stead for a Command position. Does it have winglets?
  • We at CX like "outside the box" thinkers and hence management like to be shown that they are wrong or there's a better way of doing things, plus you're saving wear and tear on your keyboard by spelling "thing" as "fing" is also taken into account. It's all about cost saving. Spelling standards, or standards anywhere that prevent profit are not what we're about. After reading your post we've employed several IT experts to re-write the iJourney system and several accountants at $250,000 HKD per month, plus $90,000 HKD housing and benefits to evaluate the $50 HKD saving over a keyboard's lifetime we might gain by saving use certain letters on our keyboards. (While a bit premature I've a sneaky suspicion we could be in for an award for this soon enough...! And with that budget let alone planning I can also see more bonuses! PS: What do you know of fuel hedging? Price fixing? Either way, no matter. Performance there doesn't affect forthcoming bonuses anyway!)
  • I'm sure you'll appreciate that these are hard times indeed for CX. As such we're reducing the remuneration package again. While B-Scale worked we didn't risk it to then severely lower minimum recruitment standards of experience or credentials. Having seen what we can do with C-Scale it's now open season for the rest of your career as once again I'm sure you can appreciate that, so thanks. To further cut costs, improve efficiency and remove the middle men I'll be sending you the bank accounts of recruitment standard decision makers for you to deposit a percentage of the money we're saving on your remuneration as our bonus. Once more, these are tough times and we know you appreciate that this burden is not for "us" to endure, so well done you on being part of the new generation at CX! They thank you. And I mean that very sincerely from the deep, deep depths of my wine cellar at my 7000 sq ft apartment at the Peak to my 2 holiday villas in Majorca and Tahiti.
(etrang: Glad to see some can have a sense of humour! )

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 18th Jan 2013 at 10:08.