PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2013, 06:48
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SQ: pilots as a united group in negotiation & conjunction with management agreed to cuts & sacrifices, etc. Again, this is in conjunction with management. Not so at all at CX. The naive new generation joining CX are paying the cost for the arrogant top end. CX have not suffered the same economic hits as SIA has or did. As is known, CX introduced C-Scale and the iCadetship at a time of record profits, hence very different to the SIA issue. (Singapore Airlines' pilots agree to pay cuts, non-paid leave - Times Of India)

SQ also are far more exposed to the LCC plague, and even are part of it via Scoot. Same as QF. A minimal amount of reading on the QF vs JQ money swapping and paper trail: Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

Believe or not there are more than just 3 x shiny jet operators in the Middle East. For all the kiddies out there, here's more research that took me 5 seconds to find on potential job vacancies in the ME: http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/oper...eg=Middle+East yet there's such a deep consensus amongst too many that "it's too hard". It may involve a turboprop but sadly too many also deem this as below them. (Refer previous posts).

Go get those hours, experience and ATP/ATPL and like magic the opportunities keep opening up that do not chain pilots to an airline for 6+ years and more when considering recognisable hours.

I don't see my or any of the other 58 pilots' stance at all as noble, even if your comment was tongue-in-cheek (??). I see it as a minimal and obvious decision that my or our career, all the effort, hard work, too many relocations to count, relentless dedicated hour building, sacrifice and support (I was) shown deserve. Again, if everyone turned down C-Scale then by pure supply and demand remuneration must improve or CX would implode. Some see C-Scale and iCadetship as an "opportunity" - but at what long term cost?

I welcome other opinions and appreciate your reply actually. I cannot ever know everyone's personal circumstance and yes, people need more than just principles to feed a family. My angst is against the die-hard defenders of C-Scale and the iCadetship as a good thing when in fact many if not most seek it as a easy option. They argue me and others with no facts but a "screw you and go away if you disagree with my GenY me-first attitude!"

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 17th Jan 2013 at 07:27.