PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2013, 01:31
boxerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CB,
What about SQ? Similar playground? Apples for apples? I like to hear your opinion on them vs CX. Such as Unions, Bypass pay, Paying for Training, enforced no-pay leave, lower benfits etc. Cost of living comparison etc.

I would also like to hear your take on the ME airlines as I understood from some of the guys that they are still held up in holding pools which you highlighted before that that would be a far better option.

All that you said solidarity wise I agree, but where have there been any success PILOTS vs AIRLINES lately? Not in CX, Qantas and several other legacy airlines.

Pilots joining any airline or applicants for any industry need to feed themselves with more than just principles. It is fallacy to think that WE actually control profit and loss and there will always be another bean counter round the corner.

You are more than entitled to voice your opinion and views and have provided an excellent summary of negatives from 249 pages. But without an ERN, actually having lived in HK for extended periods and spent time with 2729 pilots to get the complete view (of which I can't say many have) it will always just be an opinion.

Noble to voice the frustrations and negatives that exists and gives all wannabes an idea that they will always have the chance of sharing a cockpit with similar guys who share your views and prepare them for it.