PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2013, 00:58
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So to summarise your point: The Pied Piper pipes & everyone races to blindly scurry along off a cliff.

CX is in HK. It is not in the same market as the insany volatile Nth American aviation sector or the Brits Abroad cheap holiday package LCC market in the UK, or Europe either.. Of course it is subject to exposure by definition of an international airline to these influences. Of the airlines & sectors you mention by & large salary positions are across the board (not counting the BA example). At CX the mastermind of C-Scale didn't take a pay cut to "keep the airline competitive" did he? He put it on to the next generation all at a time of record profits!! (And you've danced to his time, then said thank you). How's his salary gone then? It's screaming ahead due the bonuses!!!

The same year the iCadetship & C-Scale was introduced was AFTER CX made record profits. The airline industry in Asia & the M. East has seen the GFC through far better than the other sectors of the market you mention. In fact they've set the tone for growth & expansion despite what has gone on elsewhere!

Comparing CX in "HK" salaries to Nth America, Europe or the UK not up mention LCC's is like comparing unskilled labour salaries from Australia to Bangladesh. It ain't apples & apples.

B-Scale will not return because so many have welcomed it, endorsed it & said thanks for it against all experienced opinion & advice. In my group 59 out of 60 turned it down.

B-Scale would've returned within 3-6 months if pilots & wannabe pilots showed a minute bit of solidarity to defend their careers & profession. Not my words but from VERY reliable sources from with CX. Supply & demand. But instead it worked in the opposite of what it could've let alone should've.

There are far, FAR better jobs for pilots with as little as an endorsement, CPL & IR that will get a newbie into the RHS of a turboprop or even jet for far better money & loggable hours than what the CX chained situation creates. People have to simply look & make it happen. China, SE Asia, sections of the ME & Eastern Europe are are screaming for pilots with FAR better pay & FAR better long term career prospects.

Just let it go? And what? Not speak out against what CX has demonstrated they can do to pilot terms, conditions & remuneration so my job becomes in jeopardy from another guy happy & willing to undermine & undercut my salary, terms & conditions? No effing way.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 17th Jan 2013 at 01:13.