PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2013, 14:25
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding "C-Scale", that is the PRECISE term used by the HKAOA to describe the latest severe cut in the CX pilot remuneration package. Argue against them. They defined it such. (Careful! They are also filled with “experienced” CX pilots, non pilots and independently hired directors and lawyers).

Seeing as the vast majority of head-in-the-sand critics wish to point fingers without ANY form of fact or basis, here's just a little bit of light relief regarding the "STANDARDS" that our illustrious S888 says have not dropped regarding the CX iCadet and C-Scale applicants. So, sit back, grab a beer and enjoy these "standards" that CX attract!

This is just from the first 25 pages of the thread. Consider the other 249 pages…. Here is the "credit to the industry and the airline" as you, S888, have declared them to all be:

(The “When will CX reply to me?” was asked only a few hundred times…..)

jsrman:
“And if selected are you allowed to bring your wife to AUST. and she can be in her own place.”

Rahul.majithia (great use of the English language):
“i have completed faa cpl n have 235 hrs of flyin with multi rating
cleared dgca papers n ready for my conversion
going to fly my recency in sept
m i eligible for cathay pacific cadet pilot programme??”

Customx:
“Does CP send you an email to set up a phone interview?”

FL999
“Its been 10 weeks for me. Ive nearly lost all hope.”

Flying Hamster (what’s this “google” thing let alone phone book about then??)
“Does anybody have an email address on which to contact the HR/Recruitment team at Cathay?”

konghei0607
“I am currently a Canadian Citizen and only legally allowed to work in Canada. Am I eligible for the cadet program?”

Blue_side-up: (from Nov 2009… And no drop in recuirtment standards????)
“Flight experience is not required (see website!)”

rahulpereira: (yep – ask a “rumour” forum for facts….?)
“just want to make sure thru you guys if I am eligible for the program. thanks”

Keen84
“I ve been going thro the thread, u guys r doin a gr8 job here! I m one amongst u guys who applied recently! My ques is whts wit the website??? Has thr been any movement out thr?”

Swine Facipic (this guy actually got an interview):
“IN MY CASE - "Initial Application done in April 2009" That is 9 Months , PHUKIN HELL, Still no answer ... I don't know what the hell is going on there at Cathay City (Flight Recruitment).”
“BUT HAVE THE BLOODY DECENCY TO INFORM, WITHIN A RESPECTABLE TIME FRAME

cadetpilotwannabe:
“can you tell me which CX aircraft have Winglet?”

nick185 (the reply):
“I think so - have a look on airliners.net and see if you can find any 777 with winglets”

cadetpilotwannabe:
“I am wondering what this the different between Airbus and Boeing? Is there any website or post i can read here@@?”

nick185 (reply, yep – that’s it!)
“Airbuss = European Boeing = US”

lee_apromise:
“I applied a few days ago after I finally realized that engineering job is so boring (something I didn't realize back in the uni) and I need to pursue my childhood dream. I hope my PPL isn't going to be a disadvantage in selection process.”

Happyguy99 (sharing some actual interview questions asked):
“1) if you are heading 135 degrees and wish to fly a reciprocal heading, what new heading do you need to fly?
2) if you're at 33,000 ft and intend to descend to sea level at a rate of 3,000 feet per minute, how long will the descent take?”

first_officer (Feb 2010):
“can any one please tell me when will cathy pacific start their cadetpilot programme.i am so much confused...”

nicky7789 (become a brain surgeon, but only if that is your true “passion”!?):
“wat is the most common jobs ppl will do when they didnt get accepted in the CX cadet pilot program interview?”

lautzeyan:
“How should I write for the oral presentation topic?”
“7R and 7L(do we read L or left?R or right?)”

Bizzle284:
“Wuts going on……I'm from Florida……. Applied back in August and sort of forgot about it.”

Vortexgenerators:
“i am from US and i got in trouble with law and have misdameanour on my record, will that affect me.”

Happyguy99 (sharing actual interview questions asked – post _#419 pg 21):
“What do my parents think of me being here at the interview?
What did my parents think when I decided to become a pilot?”

Giupi:
“if you have 0 flying hours do they normally ask you echnical questions as well doring the interviews?”

Ronny1992:
“Cool so they give you a type rating? because I'm not sure if I'm getting it right seems like SO's fly one type on day and then another the next?”

So, S888, my argument against C-Scale and the severe lowering of industry standards, terms, conditions and remuneration is "distorted, misinformed and downright incorrect"? You are welcome to your opinion (unlike you of mine). I back mine up with facts. You have sticks and stones.

These guys and their ilk "worked incredibly hard to get there"? How "incredibly hard" can it possibly be to have zero hours (as it was originally)? How "incredibly hard" is it to write basic English syntax? How "incredibly hard" was or is it to undercut the workforce so severely and accept what others refused? How "incredibly hard" was or is it to force pressure on the present CX pilots' terms, conditions and remuneration packages? You contribute willingly and proudly to the downward spiral of the industry. How many high fives a day do you throw at yourself??

Pilotchute - I placed you as a guy who could have a civil discussion and agree to disagree with reason and respect. Obviously the bandwagon was too "incredibly hard" to not jump on. Pity.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 16th Jan 2013 at 14:27.