PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bartolini Air Flight School
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2013, 01:57
Whitti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought I'd give my experience of Bartolini as a few people have sent me a PM asking about them.

I live in the UK and did my PPL and most of my hour building here. I came across Bartolini through a friend and was drawn to them by the low cost in comparison to UK schools.
After visiting them in January last year for a day, I immediately got a good impression of them and decided to do my ME/IR/CPL training here.
Turned out to be a great decision, I highly recommend Bartolini - instructors are very experienced and friendly guys, the training was well structured and although given support throughout, you are taught how to find things out for yourself rather than being spoon-fed the whole way....makes for a better pilot in my opinion.
I passed all skills tests first time, in minimum hours and although there were times where Bartolini could have gotten extra hours out of me, they did not. I spent exactly what I was quoted in the contract, no hidden charges.
Part of my training was flying to Latvia and back which is by far the best flying experience I have had to date.

Just to note, all my ratings & license have been added/issued by UK CAA.

The people at Bartolini cannot do enough for you, and they've have helped me out many times since with getting my license and ratings issued, including them making trips to Polish CAA in Warsaw on my behalf.
I made some good friends and am still in touch with the school. I hope to go back this summer for some flying trips.

If anyone is considering their training at Bartolini, I recommend a trip out there for a day or two, even do some hour building there and you'll see they are a great school. Ryanair & Wizz fly to Lodz from Stansted & Luton.
At the end of it all, I spent half the amount of money for my training at Bartolini as I would have in UK, even accounting for accomodation, flights etc.
Lodz is a great city and very cheap to live!