PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type rating and base training
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2013, 12:36
dream7879

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Type rating and base training

Hello everyone!

I hope I chose the correct section to post this question in...anyway, here goes...

I have a UK CAA issued CPL which will be converted to a UK EASA license in the next few days. I am now planning on doing an initial type rating for the Learjet 60 at Flight Safety (USA), thereafter, I am travelling back to my home country (in Europe) to do the base training here. Now the question is...after doing the type rating course in the USA, can I do the base training (6 landings) in my home country in Europe and then send off the paperwork to the UK CAA to get the TR endorsed in my EASA licence? Or does the instructor (TRI, TRE) who will be doing my base training here need to be a UK EASA license holder?

I hope I explained myself clearly. Basically I am worried that the UK CAA will no accept the base training certificate from an instructor with a non-UK license (JAR).

If anyone can help me out with this question then I would be very grateful! At the moment I am slightly worried that after coming back from the US, I might end up having to hire a Learjet with an examiner in the UK as opposed to doing it with my potential employer here at home.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

P.S. I tried calling up the UK CAA but the queue was more than 9 people and when I called them back the automatic reply said that they are now closed for staff training...

Last edited by dream7879; 9th Jan 2013 at 16:33.