PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2013, 03:10
jumbocpt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
recently retired

To respond to Mutt and Earl; I recently retired from Saudia after a long career.
Many years of searching, as we as contractors usually do, I find that the grass is not always greener; just a different shade of brown. When you get to the basic "ins and outs" of working in the mideast, Saudia has always been honest and forthcoming. Pay was never a concern. As pilots we all complain about pay rates and seniority, but thats life in our world. Most of us complained about free meals on board.
The double paycheck is very possible if you will do 110 hours credit. i was lucky in the past year to have a lot of deadhead time and reached that amount.

whatever was written in my contract and mutually agreed to was honored. My checkout procedure was must easier than why people told me they went through a few years ago. Just be patient and take a step at a time. The final payout might take a bit of time depending upon bank clearances and selling a car; but since i was a retiree; the weather in JED was nice and i had nothing pressing.

Good Luck