PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2013, 18:35
Looker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAS recruitment

I'm a recent joiner with only Classic experience.
My observations so far are:
1. Recruitment was somewhat chaotic. Like many I had no acknowledgement to my application and it took a 'recommend' from a former colleague to set the process in motion.
2. Selection for interview is done by one person who is over whelmed with applications. My former colleague took a risk and phoned the recruiter directly. Faint hearts etc etc
3. The Company has grown significantly over the last couple of years but the admin dept hasn't. Thus admin isn't an instantaneous process - it takes time.
4. Selection for DEC is by interview and sim check. Interview makes sure you're going to fit in with their CRM model and have the experience to deal with some fairly testing routes and airfields. Sim check is fairly standard raw data ILS, EFATO, SE ILS, SE G/A, SE landing.
5. Lots of new aircraft arriving - 13 B738's this year, a few B733's going back the other way.
6. The people are nice to work for, nothing seems to be too much trouble and so far I've got what I wanted in terms of vacation. Trainers are professional but relaxed.
7. The original contract gave me approx the same salary as I was receiving in my previous company. We then received an unexpected uplift to the contract of 17 Euros per block hour. No pension, no loss of licence, no BUPA, etc etc
8. LGW opens this Spring so it appears I can stay in the UK.
9. Whilst its not perfect I am quite happy with my lot. Ask me again in a year when I know a bit more.
10. First airline I've worked for that's made a big profit and is expanding.