PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L@ser & searchlight attacks on aircraft (incl prison sentences on offenders)
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 14:31
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Send'em, I take it from your insult of adjusting my username and not answering my questions that you are neither a pilot nor have you actually watched the video in your own link.

If you knew anything about this, you will realise that it is not necessarily the potential for retinal damage that is the problem, it is the distraction and loss of night vision that are the greater problems. If you would give us the decency to look at your own links' video, you will notice that the device you cream over doesn't show just a spot, but the classic disprutive blinding effect.

You would also read in your link;
The GLF031-01 Green Rescue Laser Flare® is a hand-held day and nighttime laser signaling device that provides a convenient, effective way to signal a rescue party. It's waterproof, rugged design combines the safety of a laser signaling device with the convenience of a flashlight. Brilliant green light makes it the most visible of the three models and the preferred style of Search and Rescue (SAR) professionals.
...yet you tell us it's not green

You also tell us it focuses to a tight spot, however the video demonstrates a 6,000 fan of light @ 16 miles !

Your link contradicts everything you post, and your posts contradict all that those of us affected by lasers know from experience.

I especially like your comment in reference to be Odeo flare (which is not dissimilar to the rotating toys available at Disneyland), that it is only visible if you are looking at it ! Is that the same as closing your eyes so that you will become invisible to the Daleks