PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting a Type Rating with a faa private licence and then getting ATP, Can I fly?
Old 1st Jan 2013, 19:22
this is my username

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I went to do my licences in the US I used a lot of time logged in Europe to meet the requirements. For the cross-country time I created a spreadheet with all of the XC flights in and included the distance flown to demonstrate that they met the >50NM requirement.

While I was out there I ended up adding all of my flights to the spreadsheet and then putting an analysis in which showed how I met the requirements of each of the qualifications I was being tested for - I even added colour coding so that the examiner could easily cross-check.

In the US it is the examiner's responsibility to ensure that you meet all of the requirements before you take the check-ride as they issue you with the licence at the end of the test. The examiners were delighted that I had reduced their workload by providing all the info summarised for them (one even told me that I was the first Commercial candidate in a month who had satisfied all the requirements before presenting himslef for the check ride). Needless to say it got things off to a good start.

Anyway - you don't need to transfer everything in to a new logbook, but providing a summary in a format which is useful to the examiner will really work for you.