PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging of T/O and Landings
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2013, 11:38
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FI rating just lapsed.

You have to be a martyr to light aviation to become a PPL examinor these days the cost is stupid and most are lucky to see any return on getting it so I never bothered.

I was only JAR never knew the old system.

Thankfully those days are gone now with Pilots and flap operators. I am happy to say that my PNF sectors are more than my PF sectors. The only thing PICUS is any use with is for the zero to heros gaining an ATPL.

If there was a requirement for ever pilot upgrading to do a number of hours of it I could see the point of getting wound up about it. But there are many like myself who got the PIC requirement by banging out 4-8 hours a day vfr instructional flights. Which teach you nothing about instrument flying or for that matter how to operate and manage a commercial flight.

The students using log books without the TO and landings columns when doing circuits just put the number in the remarks bit and every other flight is just counted as 1 of each.

Best thing for a FO is to keep there log book away from Captains eyes its theirs and they can log what they like it and its got sod all to do with the Captain. What they put in it is between them and there National Authority.
A FO could be loging all their flights as PIC while flying with me. I will mention that its wrong and refuse to sign the hours off if requested but it is really none of my buisness what they put in there own log book.