PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chasing the Bizjet dream
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2013, 11:07
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biggles

It is a very Clicky section of aviation and the pilots are very protective of their positions.

Low hours??? The other problem you may encounter is insurance requirements.

Crazy because how does a low time pilot get the turbine hours to meet the insurance requirements if no one will insure that pilot in the first place?

Very often those insurance requirements are encouraged by the Pilot/Operator for self protectionism.

I once flew a Seneca Five twin where a number of suitable pilots were used under the control of a guy operating and managing the aircraft.
He did not want some young guy with 100 hrs multi time poaching the aircraft at half the pilot rates so fixed a 500 hr multi requirement under the veil of reducing insurance costs for the owner Great for us with more than 500 hrs multi but ????

As others have said this sector of aviation is more about networking and getting someone to like you enough that they take you on board.
You also have to make sure you are available and reliable.

Cannot fly because the girlfriend has put her foot down and demanded the weekend as happened with one young pilot I know of means your gone!!!

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 1st Jan 2013 at 11:11.