PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Replacing Cessna seatbelts - GA
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2012, 21:35
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re- A&C's post above,- IF the company concerned is withholding services which it is licensed to perform (or making the supply of those services prohibitively expensive for the customer, )then one could argue that not only are they in a monopoly position* BUT they are abusing it with the knowledge and collusion of the license -issuing authority.

Unless the CAA are aware, they can't to anything about it.....surely it's time for a Cessna Owners' group to inform them and put a few bob in the hat to rattle their cage.

From my experience of Public Service Mandarins, they'll look for an easy way out....confrontation and adverse publicity would affect their carreer prospects.

The National Press could surely pick up a story on this legalised robbery and unjustified ecologically unsound destruction of perfectly serviceable equipment.

* I appreciate that in SOME esoteric fields, there is simply not enough business for more than one commercial undertaking, but if their profiteering becomes excessive, a competitor becomes viable,-UNTIL the original monopoly "reviews" it's costs and undercuts the competitor.

Unfortunately, I've seen it happen several times in the Motor-Trade.