PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GC votes needed
Thread: GC votes needed
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2012, 16:46
cpdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi BusyB,

From what I understand "they" got a Canadian Contract which surpassed the onshoring COS08. Things like loss of license to age 65 instead of 60 and stuff like that. As for giving away, I'm sure someone will jump in with claims of huge giveaways but nothing that I have heard of was given away which is proven to be a loss!

As for what COS improvements "we were about to get but that they blew and prevented everyone getting?" I haven't a clue what you are referring to and what you feel they lost for us so please explain?

It is true the only reason they were able to sit down with the Company was because of the CLC requirements. This was necessary because the Company initially painted them with the same brush as the HKAOA and expected a hard nosed negotiation stance. Instead, they were met by an open-minded negotiations team which was willing to discuss needs and desires from both sides. I also heard this new style of calm was disrupted a few times by an individual "employed by the HKAOA" and he was then asked not to return. Could this be the spark which eventually led to the AOA break-up?

As for the breakup, do you know that the Canadians have been trying to communicate with the HKAOA but they continue to block their every move? This all along while the EXCO Prez continues to request jumpseats on flights to YVR operated by Canadian based CN's and I understand he has been rather successful. Good thing they don't hold a grudge like most of us do! Is this a possible learning point?

Communications is key to any relationship and more than ever we need a GC led by strong leadership willing to communicate in a delicate manner. Getting your propaganda posted in the local papers and being primed to attack at every possible moment is not going to get you anywhere with the company. Granted, the Company has had a bad record of being trustworthy but now is the time to extend the olive branch and turn a new page. What have we got to lose?

Sqwak 7700, if the HKAOA publicly endorsed contract compliance right now the lives of every CX pilot would diminish immediately. The company doesn't care how much it would cost to slam any such movement at this time IMO.

Jizzmonkey,
Not really sure why I even bother answering with a comment like that but if they were "moles" do you really think they would take the Company to court with a gross contract violation? Yes they did and they won! Try talking to a Canadian based pilot one day and you may get your facts straight unless it's more fun for you to continue believing a tall tale!

Anyways, making accusations like that is neither helpful, accurate or even true.

CPDude

Last edited by cpdude; 31st Dec 2012 at 16:52.