PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GC votes needed
Thread: GC votes needed
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2012, 14:40
cpdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is so much to respond to I don't know where to start.

Fenwicksgirl...
I agree that a 6-7 year seniority Freighter CN should not receive CN expat benefits in HKG but should he be forced on terms worth less than SO benefits? We all cry about seniority being the basis then why doesn't the HKAOA fight to ensure benefits are awarded in accordance with seniority? IE. he should receive the package of benefits afforded to his seniority which would be FO's benefits at 6-7 years. This would be fair to everyone to reinforce the basis of seniority and those that oppose that are still looking for retribution which will continue to hurt any seniority argument in other issues.

CX-HOR...
JF hasn't been employed by the HKAOA for over 6 months now. It's entirely a DD show.

Curtain Rod...
What you are suggesting is basically what's been attempted for many years. It's proven not to work but many continue to sing the same tune. Also, you make it sound like it's entirely up to the GC. Well, in one respect it is but they can't direct or control anything anymore.

I'll throw a question out here to everyone...
Why is it the HKAOA can't even sit down with the Company and discuss something as simple as Freighter PXing but the Canadians were able to negotiate an entire CA (COS)? Do you think a different approach was taken or do you think they slammed the company every opportunity they got to win their contract?

Many of you have been through a messy divorce. Did you accomplish more by taking an aggressive stance in courts or do you think the individuals who practiced reason and tried to stay calm came out with more than their shirts? It's all about human nature and respecting your fellow person even if you can't stand them!

The not so fab 4 haven't learned this and I fear they won't ever learn this tact. This is why relations with the Company are bound to get much worse for the HKAOA types rather then better.

As for the Canadians, the HKAOA needs to take a page from their playbook and learn to communicate without anger, frustration or threats. They need to rebuild the trust with the company and vice versa. Only then can issues be resolved and the threats from the GMA will subside.

CPDude